Friday, June 22, 2012

Beautiful Boy..

My blog acts as a memory book for my journey as a mom, teacher, wife, friend.... and today I have a moment that I don't want to ever forget...

It's my vacation so I decided I would lay down with my sweet boy until he fell asleep for nap (he usually just goes in his room and falls asleep on his own). So I go lay down by him, turn on his music, and do the typical mom-fake-sleep-with-one-eye-half-open business.  He looks through each of his bed time books independently and then gets his "nahnee"  (his very beloved blanket) and covers me up with it. He then scoots over as close to me as possible and starts patting my back. This went on for a good five minutes... just me laying there "asleep", his blanket on my back, and him patting away. He finally takes the blanket off me, lays it on his bed, and goes quickly asleep right next to me.  Melt.my.heart.

My little boy is just growing up way too fast. I just hope that he remains as loving, caring, empathetic, sweet, and just plain wonderful as he continues to grow...

In the NICU at one day old... first time seeing each other in almost 24 hours. So perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment