Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Few of My Favs...

So I was talking to a friend the other day who is expecting and she asked about what she should register for... soooo the things below made the list (warning:::: this is going to be a VERY lame post... it quite possibly will be a post that only other mommies can appreciate)

1. Diaper Genie....
oh how I want to kiss the person that invented this. Our lovely, precious tiny baby boy can sometimes resemble a man (if you know what I mean) and this wonderful invention keeps our nursery smelling nice and fresh. And it's so easy to change out the bags when you fill one up. I <3 it..... def. a must have.

2. Munchkin Bottle Warmer/Sanitizer




I don't know what I would do without this! It makes heating a bottle soooo easy. But the best part is the fact that it's a sanitizer. If you know me... I"m kind of a freak when it comes to sanitizing. Needless to say this sanitizer gets used multiple times a day for binkies, toys, you name, I've sanitized it.

3. Mobile above changing table



So my aunt got us the ADORABLE OU mobile. We had decided that we didn't want a mobile above the crib b/c we wanted it to be strictly a place for sleep, not a place to play, but we also wanted to use the mobile somehow. Well during my time working in daycares I learned one thing... keeping a child still while you change their diaper can be nearly impossible... soooo born was the idea of hanging a mobile above his changing table. Daniel built a little contraption to make it fit (he's pretty handy sometimes) and now it is one of Dax's favorite things ever! He just sits and watches it while we change his diaper! greatest. idea. ever.    (if I do say so myself)

4.  Huggies Pure & Natural Diapers/ Seventh Generation Diapers




So we've always loved the idea of using as much organic/natural/chemical free stuff as much as possible and started out with the intent of using only Huggies Pure and Natural. Well we were given TONS of diapers (pampers, regularly huggies, luvs, etc) so we used those when we ran out of our original stash of Pure and Naturals. Well Dax got diaper rash after diaper rash so we decided to bag them up and give them all to someone else. While after bagging away a ton of diapers Daniel's hands got red and started burning.... needless to say that was the night that we decided no more diapers that aren't chemical free.

5. O'Ball



This is Dax's favorite toy EVER!!  And mine :)   I found this at Walmart after Dax's shots and felt obligated to get it for him. It's soft, rubbery, squishy, light weight, easy for little fingers to grab a hold of, and rattles.... what else could a boy need?!  It was the first toy Dax reached for and we play with it all evening long.

6. Dapple Bottle Cleaner



So I only bought this stuff last night but so far so good. I wanted a dish soap that didn't have all the extra non essential stuff in (again with the as natural/chemical free as we can get) so that when we cleaned Dax's bottles nothing harmful was getting left on them. This stuff works really good, smells great, and is very safe for baby.... I'm a fan

7. Combi Shuttle 33 Stroller and carseat



I'm in LOVE with our stroller and carseat! Daniel was really picky on the carseat we would get and I was pretty specific on what I wanted a stroller to be like. We knew we didn't want the traditional travel system because its just way too bulky for us. And Daniel wanted a top rated carseat. Well this little wonderful combination was at Babies R Us and we fell in love. The stroller is super light weight, folds up really small, is easy to open and close, and the carseat just snaps right into it. And the carseat is highly rated, very padded, and is complete with a baby roll bar as I call it. It's perfect.


ok... I'm done with the lame mommy post. I promise next time I'll try to be more interesting!


3 comments:

  1. okay not lame AT ALL. love this! i'm shocked about the daniels mishap with the diapers... makes me nervous about keeping their little bums covered with them all the time. we might need to do a switch. we've got some earth's best and i like those, too (sometimes bru has coupons for that brand... and they're all natural) and i want to try that dish soap now! and also the mobile above the crib... great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should research G-Diapers... they are an all natural type thing but they work on a cover/insert system and you can use disposable inserts or cloth inserts. The disposable inserts are completely biodegradable and even flushable.

    ReplyDelete