Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dirty Diaper.... Check!! :)

We'll start this post with a "You know you're a mom when.." joke...


You know you're a mom when you get extremely excited over a poopy diaper...

That is me today! I had a very unhappy, very constipated baby boy the past couple days and today, with the wonderful advice of my BFF, I now have my happy little man back! The absolute best part of having two of my great friends (Sam and Melissa) with little ones pretty much the same age as Dax is that I'm able to run to them with questions and advice and tips for things with Dax.  We started Dax on cereal about a week ago to see if that would help him get back to his regular sleeping at night (he use to go at least 8 hours at night between feedings... well ever since he got sick about a month ago he's been waking up every 3 hours at night to eat :/  ).  Well he did absolutely great with cereal and loved it.... but it resulted in him being constipated which come to find out happens pretty often. So needless to say I think we're going to put a stop to the rice cereal for a little while. I think it was just too much for his young digestive system to handle.  So now we're trying to decide whether to just stop everything until 6 months like recommended by our doctor and other health organizations, or to switch to oats/barley cereal, or to just go straight to a vegetable.  Apparently from what I've been reading the latest trend now is to not do cereal at all.... just start straight up with vegetables... which makes sense to me... I'm just not sure what to do... Any advise???   All of these decisions that being a mom requires is definitely the hardest part for me. I'm possibly one of the most in-decisive people on the face of the planet and that does not mix well with being a mom. Even the simple decision of whether or not to stay home from work today to try to ease the constipation problem or to go to work took me forever to decide today... but I have to say I'm very happy with the decision I made. Work is important and we need the money.... but being there for my little man to help him feel even the slightest bit better is way more important. Luckily I have very wonderful bosses and co-workers that allow me to be with my little man whenever I need to.

Well since my last post the holidays have come and gone and a new year has begun! Dax's first Christmas was absolutely amazing. We are blessed with an amazing family and Dax definitely got way more than he needed... but we are very thankful for it all. We spent Eve Eve with Daniels family, Christmas Eve with my siblings, nieces and nephews, and my parents, and Christmas Day was split between time at home enjoying each others company, seeing Daniel's parents, and the annual Wilson family gathering for the first time at my grandparents new "apartment" (assisted living center). Daniel enjoyed playing Santa... even though Dax could really care less, and we were very excited to open gifts as a family Christmas morning. It was absolutely perfect!

The last month has also brought a lot of reflecting upon our last year as a family too. The day after Christmas was exactly a year since we found out that our family would be getting a new addition, and New Years Eve was a year since we told our families the wonderful news. Having a baby was something that we had wanted so bad. Only a couple people new at the time, but we had tried to get pregnant for five months before succeeding. I know that is absolutely no time at all compared to the struggles that many people have to conceive but to us that five months felt like an eternity. So reflecting on that day when I took the test and woke Daniel up to tell him that we were finally pregnant was such a sweet memory.  Our entire 2010 was spent thinking, talking, and living baby and will be a year that I know I will forever remember and treasure.  I look forward to what 2011 holds for our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment