Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oh Change...

Change, change, change. If there's one thing I'm absolutely horrible with.... it's change. And boy am I in for it over the next several months. 

Yesterday I come home to the garage door open and awaiting me, welcoming me home. I walk in to a wonderfully cleaned kitchen. Man, am I spoiled or what?!?!   Ehhh that's what I thought at least... until I realized that Daniel was just trying to soften the blow a little (not that I'm complaining at all). We're what?!? That was my reaction.

My reaction after hearing that in May, only two months from now, we'll be moving to Tulsa. A whole year earlier than originally thought. Wowzer...

So I knew that we would be making the move at some point for Daniel to finish school, and had mentally prepared myself for that to happen in about a year and was ok(ish) with the idea. But finding out that it will be 2 months instead of 14 months until we move has thrown me through quite the loop. I'm not ready. At. All.   

Things are so, so, so wonderful right now at work and I hate that I'll have to leave that. My students are absolutely amazing. We have a pretty awesome thing going on in that class of 4 year olds. My coworkers are awesome and some of the best ladies I've ever met. Dax is right next door, literally, and I can see him whenever I want throughout the day. And I'm making good money (considering) while enjoying going to work each day... do I really have to leave all that?!
My ENTIRE family lives within 30 minutes of one another. I'm going to be the one to change that. Being so close to each other has allowed us to be SO close to one another and have a relationship that most people dream of having with their family. We randomly have family gatherings just to see each other. My mom comes over just to hang out with me at least once a week. I'm able to help my niece with school projects and go to programs at her school during the week. Scentsy parties, birthday parties, random shopping dates with my mom, meeting for dinner.  Those things are going to be pretty hard to do living 2 hours away.
I finally had my plan set with completing my student teaching. I was going to continue working at Creative Kids until December, student teach Spring 2012, move to Tulsa May 2012, and hopefully find a job for the 2012-2013 school year. That won't work anymore, and I don't think you have any idea how long that took me to get that figured out (I'm pretty indecisive to say the least). 
I like Dax's room. It was a lot of work getting it to look exactly like I wanted it to. Hopefully we'll be able to repeat it.
I like our neighborhood. It's quiet, small, cute, the perfect little square for walks. 
I like our garden in the back yard and was looking forward to growing our own vegetables again this year. 
If I need to go anywhere now I can get there quickly without taking the highway (one of my least favorite things to do EVER is drive in the highway).
Norman... my favorite place ever... is 15 minutes away. 
My niece is expecting again, due in July with my nephew Kason Ryan and I'm suppose to be there in the room with her when he's born.


Don't get me wrong, I love my husband more than anything in the world and am more than happy to do anything I need to to help him reach his goals, it's just that it's a lot of change really quickly... and change is something I don't do well with.

Sorry for the "glass half empty", "debbie downer" post but I think I needed to get it all out to help come to terms with it all and start mentally preparing myself for whats to come in two months. Prayers would be greatly appreciated :)

Smile :)

2 comments:

  1. Love you sweet friend! Know that God always knows what he's doing... and for some reason He wants you in Tulsa NOW as opposed to later. I'm REALLY hoping we can take a trip to see you and keep you company for a few days after you're settled. I know it's a HUGE change... but you got this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ melissa...
    Thanks friend! I really needed to hear that. That's how I'll have to look at it... for some reason... I need to be there now.
    And I REALLY hope too that yall can make a trip! I'll be at home with Dax for a little while so we could spend some major time together!

    ReplyDelete