Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Welcome Home Freno Family, Welcome Home

Well we're here! All moved in and beginning to settle into our new house here in Bixby. Pretty much all we have left to unpack are boxes of decorations and a couple boxes of just random junk.  Unpacking with a baby is a long, slow process.
The house is just perfect for us and we all, including Dax, are really enjoying it! Daniel and I spend a lot of time sitting on the patio with Dax rolling around in his walker. Sadie is sleeping in a different random place in the yard every time you look out (I think she's scoping out the best sleep spot) and Sophie has become quite the little bird dog, constantly chasing the poor little birds that call our back yard home. Right now I'm sitting on the couch with the back door open listening to all sorts of birds and I sort of feel like I'm in heaven ;)  It really is a nice way to end a busy day.
Since we are now on the topic of my busy day (like how I did that??)..... we have a sick baby AGAIN. I knew it was coming. He's always a mommas boy anyways but for the past 3 or 4 days it's been pretty ridiculous. It's been to the point where I've had to do a lot of unpacking with Dax in my Mobi. Needless to say we went to the doctor today (a new one which by the way I really liked) and he has another ear infection.  Poor little guy has just been miserable! I think he has the most pathetic little sick eyes I've ever seen. Hopefully he'll get better much soon!
So how is everyone handling the move I'm sure you've wondered.  Well, so far I've handled moving pretty well. I love the house and the town so I think that really helps! Granted I've only been away from my family for 5 days but it hasn't been bad yet. Sunday morning I did spend a lot of time thinking of them and how I wish I was at church with everyone. But right now I'm just looking forward to Memorial Day weekend at the lake with everyone! The dogs were in a funk for the first two days.. not really eating much and not doing much besides sleeping, but now they're back to normal and really loving their yard! Daniel enjoyed his first few days here and is now back to the grind studying for his first licensing exam on June 20th. Needless to say he wont be seeing the light of day until then. And Dax is handling it like the little champ he is! He has stuck to his schedule and is having a lot of fun exploring his new house. I was worried about how he would sleep the first night but he did perfect, sleeping from 6:30pm-7:00am.  I really am so blessed :)

Well I promise I'll get some pics up soon of the house turned home. Until then I'll continue sitting on my patio soaking in the new yard :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Hope the little guy feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete