Sunday, January 8, 2012

And She's Back....

After a 5 month hiatus, I'm back. Being completely done with school and student teaching has left room in my brain for the creative juices to start running again..... and Saturday it hit be head on. I have tons of projects pinned on pinterest that I want to work on, but yesterday I had to have a quick creative outlet that didn't cost a penny (because this week we have seriously been on a tight budget.... like tight... it's that weird time of year when we're waiting for Daniel's financial aid to hit the bank). So first off we started with some finger painting with Dax...
This was our first time to finger paint at our big boy table instead of the highchair and it went great. I started by putting small dots of three colors on his paper. He started out timid using only a couple fingers but quickly dove right in.

Then someone decided to try a little lick...
he decided that it didn't taste very good.... and didn't try it again :)
And these were the finished products.... masterpieces if I say so myself...


This precious hand print will be going in a frame in our living room... I'll post a pic of that when it's done.
 Well apparently watching Dax be creative wasn't enough.... so after he went to bed I began rummaging through my art supplies and decided to make a bunting for Dax's room. Since May I have been trying to decided what to do with Dax's window. It's a nice big window so I didn't want to cover it much with curtains.... and then this shade thing came with it (you'll see it in a pic in a minute, I'm not sure the technical name for it) and it blocked a lot of light out when it's closed (which is nice for nap time). Needless to say, no window treatment out there was making me happy. But a bunting.... now that would be perfect. Would add some color and happiness to the window without doing much to it. And plus.... every room would be a happier place with a bunting in it.
I had tons of scrapbook paper so I used some of those to make the flags.
Alene's Tacky Glue is my glue of choice for pretty much and craft project. I just put a super thin line on the tops of each flag and put the ribbon on.


And there's the finished product! I think it turned out super cute and I love all the colors! It was the perfect touch to the window, took about 20 minutes, and didn't cost a penny!  (And ps in the last picture you can see the mobile we made a couple months ago is still hangin strong!).

Well that was my creative outlet for the weekend.... hopefully now that I'm done with school I'll have more time to be creative

1 comment: