Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Liebster Award

So a blog "friend" of mine (I feel like we're all "friends" in our little blogging community of medical wives) nominated me for the Liebster Award!
And if she hadn't already received it I would definitely nominate her as well! Mandy at The Boyer Family has a great, happy, uplifting blog about her family (two super adorable kids) and day to day life (parenting, faith, crafts, etc) during their journey of med school!
The Liebster Award is an award that small bloggers (less than 200 followers) are giving out to one another to recognize their cute blogs and honor their stories they tell on them. 

And it sort of reminds me of those fun chain emails we use to all do years ago.... and who doesn't love a little nostalgia?!

So the Liebster goes something like this...
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you, and write 11 questions for the blogs your tag.
3. Choose 11 deserving bloggers (or however many you can) that have less than 200 followers.
4. Tell them you've tagged them by commenting on their blog.
5. No tag backs.
6. Grab a Liebster Award button and display it on your page!

So here it goes!! 11 random facts about me...
1. I'm an awful cook. Bake… I can do. But cooking, not so much. I think it comes down to a) my inability to make decisions, and b) a fear of failure
2 My favorite outfits consist of leggings and Daniel's big tshirt… I'm pretty fancy… what can I say??
3. I can't make decisions. Ever. It drives Daniel crazy. But really it's just because I'm super easy to please and don't really have a strong opinion on most things
4. I lived in the same house from birth until moving out for collage…. only 20 minutes away :)
5. I became an aunt at age 3. I now have  3 nieces (plus one step niece and one little one on the way), 2 nephews, and 2 great nephews… bringing my count to 9. I felt completely comfortable becoming a mom bc I was basically changing diapers while I was still in diapers ;)
6. My BFF and I have been friends since 1st grade (we're now almost 26), and since the age of 13 have lived thousands of miles apart. Truly a gift.
7. I'm super shy and awkward when first meeting people. It takes me awhile to warm up and completely feel comfortable. But when I'm do I'm pretty sarcastic and love to laugh.
8. I'm super empathetic… .to the point of being ridiculous. I can't even watch anything with any sort of violence or injustice or such because it literally makes my heart hurt. I guess it's a good trait…. but it def. gets annoying sometimes.
9. I'm not a good communicator… at all. Unless through writing (hints my love for blogging).
10. I have a really progressive look at education…. and despite being an early childhood educator (who for the most part work in elementary schools) I really dislike what probably 98% of elementary schools are doing and it's going to kill me when Dax has to start going to one… or if I ever have to start working in one.
11. I'm happy and feel more fulfilled being a stay at home mom than I ever did working.

11 Questions from Mandy!
1. Morning or night person?
     Morning if I can just be lazy (aka never with a kiddo at home)… but night any other time.
2. Do you want a big or little family?
     I've learned that what you want doesn't really matter because God has a plan larger than your wants or needs. But with that said, I have always seen myself adopting in the future.
3. What always puts you in a good mood?
     A hug from my monkey…. and Starbucks :)
4. What is your biggest fear?
     Car crashes. I have no idea why. But it is def. a constant fear of mine anytime I'm in a car.
5. Favorite Movie?
     Grease… hands down :)  If I could make my life a musical I would. No doubt about it.
6. Road tripper or flyer?
     I've only flew a few times… but I still prefer road trips. Love riding in a car with the family and seeing a ton of new things.
7. What is your favorite quote or scripture?
     Be the change you wish to see in the world - Gandhi.  I love it so much that I had "Be the Change" on the top of my graduation cap and plan on having it on the walls in Daxtons new room
8. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
     My irrational fear of failure for sure. I would do so much more.
9. Matthew McConaughey or Christan Bale? 
     Tough one. I'm usually a tall dark and handsome kind of girl (which would be Christian Bale)… but something about the charm of Matthew McConaughey wins me over.
10. Favorite work out to do?
     Pilates… by far. Basically the only work out I'll do :)
11. Favorite cleaning tip learned or that you've heard of?
     We keep a "stuff" basket of the corner of our kitchen cabinet (the spot in our house that would catch all of our random junk). We put our stuff in there now (so at least that corner isn't all cluttered up) and empty the basket out every now and then, taking stuff back to it's original home.

And here are my nominations for The Liebster Award!
1. Stacy @ Stacy & Charlie
3. Melissa @ Our Lovely Story (this is my BFF... and she doesn't blog much anymore because she pretty occupied with this gem... but there are some great resources on there in her past post)
4. Ivory @ Mack Attack
5. Lindsay @ Baby Mama Drama
8. Hillary @ Homegrown in KY

And here are my questions for my nominees!
1. What's your guilty pleasure (reality TV, junk food, etc)?
2. What's your absolute favorite blog to read?
3. Your dream house…. big and fancy, or simple and quaint?
4. If you wanted to/ could go back to collage… what would you study?
5. Favorite song and why?  Sorry… I"m a music person :)
6. First thing you would do if you won the lottery?
7. Your perfect day looks like………..
8. Channing Tatum or Adam Levine?
9. Favorite place to do some online shopping at?  :)
10. Favorite go to family meal? (I need ideas folks!)
11.  And the question we've all thought about before… if you were stuck on a deserted island… what 3 things would you want to have with you?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination! I'll get working on my post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea! Fun way to get to know other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss this! Loved all your comments, your Be the Change on top of your graduation cap=awesome...and thanks for sharing your intimate update with your battle with infertility. Hang in there...I am excited to hear what continues to happen. We'll keep y'all in our prayers! God DOES have a plan greater than ours and sees the end from the beginning...so His plan is the perfect one for us, regardless of what we have planned.

    ReplyDelete