Friday, July 22, 2011

Three Years

In four short days me and my love will be celebrating our three year anniversary! We get so wrapped up in being mommy and daddy and students that I don't get to write much about us. So in honor of our anniversary I thought it would be fun to post a couple pictures each day until then and have a short something on "us" as a couple.   Here goes day one..

So Daniel and I are junior high sweethearts. We started dating when we were in 9th grade... only 14 years old. If I remember right (it's been 10 years), this was our very first picture together, taken at our schools weekly football game.  At this point Daniel and I had been really good friends for a year. He had tried a year previously to get me to be his "girlfriend" but  I had my "heart" set on someone else. Over the next year Daniel and I talked every day on AIM (wow) and became really good friends. Luckily he's persistent and with the help of our good friends Dillon and Kerry on October 16, 2001 he asked me to be his girlfriend at a school dance and I gladly said yes. We've been stuck at the hip ever since.
This pic was at our freshman formal and the hair on that boy makes me laugh every time!  At this point we had been dating seven months and though we were only 15 at the time, we already knew our hearts were set on one another. Little did we know what all our future had in store for us.

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! I had no idea you guys had known each other so long...that's amazing. I love seeing the pictures! You look like such a baby, Kandice! It makes me think about my high school pictures and how much we all change. You're right--you've had so many good things to come over the last ten years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, i love this! you guys were babies :) and you're forgetting that daniel and i talked on aim about you everyday, too :) ha!

    ReplyDelete