Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hello World!

Well hello world! It's been awhile!  We have been one busy house the past two weeks. We'll start first with Daniel...
Well Daniel start his rotations! He was very excited to finally be out of the classroom and in working with patients! For those of you not familiar with the med school lingo (trust me... it's a language of it's own that I'm just now catching on to), rotations are done you're third and fourth year of medical school. During this time you'll spend six weeks (i think) in several different fields of medicine, letting you get a taste of each. Daniels first rotation is OB/GYN which he originally wasn't looking forward to but has since realized that it isn't so bad. His first week was working the night shift of labor and delivery. He really enjoyed it and really learned a lot in one week. He got to watch an emergency c-section lasting a total of about a minute and got to help with some of the not so glamorous parts of childbirth. This week he's in the clinic and while he's not enjoying it as well as labor and delivery he is still learning quite a bit. And once again, other than being a great soon-to-be-doctor, he still a great chef!
Cedar plank Salmon with garlic, shallots, and onion, and grilled asparagus.
Now on to the star of the show... Daxton :)  This little boy has been up to so much! We spent nine days at the lake and during that time he had so many first! While we were there he said Papa, Yie Yie (chey chey... his cousin), makes a boat noise, and yesterday he tried to say puppy (which ended up just being the p sound) and woof (minus the f). That makes is repertoire of "words" up to  seven plus some great sound effects for cars and boats! He's getting way too big way too fast! I love watching him learn... it's possibly one of my favorite parts of motherhood. At the lake he once again fell in love with the golf cart and being outside. By the end of the week he would make his way to the door and cry wanting to go out and would then squeal with excitement when we got near the golf cart. He also had his first wave runner ride!

Oh yeah... and one other special little development while we were at the lake.... FITS. This boy can throw some fits! I knew he was strong willed and stubborn but man these fits get me every time. They mostly happen when I'm cutting him off from eating (bc he would literally eat ALL day). He pushed my hands away while I'm cleaning him up and as I try to get him out of the high chair he will twist and turn and arch his back. Oh boy I am not looking forward to the terrible twos with this little boy!
As for me I am enjoying my last month and a half as a stay at home mom... which is a full time job in itself. We're completely settled in and unpacked now and most of the pictures are up on the walls. Being a mom is getting more and more fun as the time goes by. Food with Dax is getting fun and lately I've spent a lot of my time thinking about and planning finger foods for him. He loves to munch on berries, peaches, carrots, toast, pasta with EVOO and parsley.
This was not for Dax but since we were talking food I figured I would throw it in! We had this recently and is one of the few things I can successfully make. Tortellini, black olives, spinach, cherry tomato's, and Italian dressing. Yum-O!
I have lots of things on my "to make for Dax soon" list and I'm very excited about start new and exciting things! I have also been staying busy planning Dax's first birthday extravaganza which I am WAY excited about! Here's a peak at the invitations.

Lake vacation as a mom was a completely different experience but it was still enjoyable nonetheless! I love getting to spend time with my entire family and my favorite part of the lake isn't the typical swimming and boat riding.... it's the time in the morning when everyone is just sitting around in the cabin together eating breakfast, drinking coffee, and talking. Those really are priceless memories that I wouldn't miss for the world! I can't wait until Daniel & I buy our own place right there by everyone!
And here's one more precious pic for your viewing pleasure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment