Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Just keep swimming...

Well hello friends! It's been awhile.... Between being a single momma while Daniel was on his rural rotation for the month and a computer screen that has week long stints where it only works if you hold pressure to it in certain spots (don't get me started) I either haven't had the energy to post or didn't really care to type a blog post using only one had while the other holds the screen.

 Well the biggest news right now in our life is that rank list are turned in and official! Daniel has actually had his in for a few weeks now and nothing changed but just the word "official" makes it so much more real. And knowing that where we'll spend the next five years is figured out somewhere in the virtual world already is just torture. I mean seriously... why do we have to wait 3 weeks for a computer to tell us where we're going. This.is.torture.

 To keep ourselves busy we've been looking at houses. I seriously love this job.... just wish I knew for sure where to be looking. I've browsed our top 5 cities to have an idea of what we would be working with.... but we've looked a little harder in two specific cities... one of which I'm really hoping for and one of which Daniel just has a "feeling" about (and I sort of do to).
We've also started packing a little. I have a wonderful, amazing support group on Facebook of over 800 women who have gone through or are currently going through the process of being married to medicine (they also have a blog too). They gave me tons of wonderful advice on things to do between now and match day to keep myself busy/give us a heads up on the bajillion things that will have to get done between March 15th and the beginning of June.

17 days until we find out..... eek!

In other medicine related news.... you know your life has been taken over by medicine when you have dreams that your husband got to help do surgery on you. It was also filled with a large number of doctors that was made up of a mix of actual doctors I met at one of Daniel's interviews and doctors from TV. I think this wins the prize for the strangest dream I have ever had.

Well my littlest love with be 2 1/2 in just a few short days... so brace yourself for an annoying mommy post on him soon :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! This is so exciting! Can't wait to read where you end up and hoping you go to your top choice!

    ReplyDelete