Monday, June 27, 2011

My Mr. Wonderful

So as anyone with a little one knows, quality time with the hubby is few and far between. Especially living in a town where you're number of babysitters (aka family members) is limited, therefore making date nights nearly impossible.  Well as do many couples... Daniel and I have fallen into the same routine night after night of eating dinner and sitting on the couch watching tv next to each other until we retire to the bedroom for the night. Don't get me wrong... I love doing nothing but sitting next to Daniel on the couch... but in all reality doing this every.single.night. is not best way to keep a relationship  exciting and fun. Plus, if we fall into the habit now we're more likely to stick with it when Dax gets older and that is not how we want to spend our family time together. So tonight my Mr. Wonderful surprised me with a change of plans. He makes a wonderful dinner every night (I know... how did I win a hubby that loves to cook?) but tonight he made my favorite. He went to the store and came back with stuff to make this...
Homemade wheat rolls (that's right... homemade), tilapia, and brown rice, all covered with a lemon vinaigrette. Yum-o!

It was his first time to make homemade bread and I'd say it was a success! Also in his little bag of tricks from the store was this...


One of my favorite games ever... Life!
So after a great family trip to Barnes and Noble where I got a new Baby/Toddler cookbook that you'll def. be hearing more about and Dax got a new dump truck book, we got to have this delicious dinner and then finished up the evening playing Life and drinking wine.
A husband that's pretty good lookin', smart, funny, loving, a good chef, and surprises me with things like Life... I think I'll keep him around. And overall I'd say it was a good night... wait... make that a great night!

1 comment:

  1. I love that game! And seriously, I would totally eat that dinner too. All my husband can cook after eleven years is spaghetti. You're way wiser than your years, my friend!

    ReplyDelete