Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Almost a toddler

Our little boy turned 11 months old a couple days ago. So now, in less than a month, he'll be one. He'll officially be a toddler and I don't think I'm ready for that. Here's a little run down on where he's at at 11 months...
* According to our scale yesterday he weighs 22.8lbs. He's fitting 12 month clothes perfectly right now and is in size 4 diapers. We usually have to move up sizes in pants in diapers sooner than usual because his little thighs are so fat everything gets super tight on them.
* Walking. He will walk a couple feet before he gets nervous and sits down. I really think he could just take off but I think he freaks out and decides to go back to the trusty crawling.
* He has always responded to signs when I've done them or just said the word but this month he actually signed "all done" to me when he was finished eating... without me even asking him to. :)
* His form of waving before was flopping his entire arm up and down but now he has the "open, close hand" wave down and it's super cute.
* He says a lot.  But my favorite thing is what he calls his daddy.... "gah gah".  He has yet to say the 'd' sound which has me sort of freaked out b/c that's usually the first sound a baby makes. It has me so freaked out that I plan on asking the doctor about being tongue tied when we go for his next appointment.
* His little personality is getting cuter and cuter. Has has the funniest facial expressions and he now thinks that he's the funniest thing there is. He'll be crawling around the house or riding in his car seat and just laugh and laugh at himself. It's really funny.
* Still no teeth.... sighhhh. But there is a pretty good bump on his lower right side so maybe one soon?
* The not having any teeth isn't stopping him from eating that's for sure. In the last week we have really up'd the finger foods and have been able to cut a bottle out. He's now doing 3 bottles a day and we're transitioning into whole milk by giving him a sippy cup with half formula, half milk at all of his meals. He also loves his water and likes going over to the table, getting it down to get a drink, and then putting it back up.
* His favorite toys are ball, cars (esp. dump trucks), blocks, books, stacking rings, the dog bowls, and playing in the pot and pan cabinet in the kitchen.
* He's fast... super fast. And disappears in the blink of an eye. I can usually find him in the bathroom or in my closet. He will also go back to his room and play on his own too which I think is so cute but sort of makes me sad that he doesn't need momma to play with him all the time.
* We're still at 2 naps and for the past week he has been putting himself to sleep at nap time. It is usually a pretty big process of me going in and out to lay him back down and comfort him but it's dropped from being a 45 minutes process to about 25 minutes. It's still a work in progress but I'm happy with how it's going and that we were able to do it without making him cry it out.
* He's super, super lovable and will randomly walk up to me and kiss me. He also loves to kiss his books... especially the pictures of monkeys and dogs.  He's a pretty big fan of mommy and daddy kissing each other too and will smile super big and then give each of us a kiss. I love it. :)
* Since Saturday he has been fighting a nasty summer cold and I'm afraid it may be starting to settle in his chest (everything he gets tends to do that ... the doctor said that's probably because of his TTN he got at birth that put him in the  NICU for a week). So his little cold has turned very yucky sounding.

Well little man starts back to daycare in 2 weeks and I'm super sad our time together is coming to an end. I could def do this stay at home mom business all the time.... maybe one day :)  Here's a picture of our not-so-little 11 month old playing in the rain/mud for the first time

No comments:

Post a Comment