Friday, August 5, 2011

Foodie Friday

Alright, so here's a look at a few of little mans favorite things this week…

So Sunday night Daniel & I had the yummy tilapia dish that talked about here for dinner. So from there I found this very yummy recipe in my Baby & Toddler cookbook that I decided to make for Dax… and then we also planned on letting him try a little tilapia for the first time as well. So Sunday night Dax had tofu with rice & avocado seasoned with fresh cilantro and a small piece of tilapia.


Sorry it's so blurry. My camera was dead so I had to resort to my phone camera.
He absolutely loved this! So much that I had to make him stop eating because I"m pretty sure he would have ate until he got sick. The rice did make quite the mess but it was worth it because he really loved it.

Tuesday Daniel had clinic until late so it was just Dax and I for dinner. I like to try and eat when he eats one, because dinner as a family is so important, and two, because if I don't eat while he eats then I don't get to eat at all because he is screaming at me wanting my food the whole time. We had quite a bit of tofu left from Sunday nights meal, Dax had some mixed veggies he had been eating on throughout the week that we needed to use up, and I had some frozen veggies in our freezer that I needed to use. So I decided on a tofu & veggie stir fry. Dax's was tofu, garlic, EVOO, peas, carrots, corn, and green beans. Mine was similar with some additional seasonings and different veggies.
This was another big hit. He LOVED, especially the tofu.

Wednesday for lunch I needed to use up some of Dax's pita bread before it went bad. I also steamed an orange bell pepper that day so wanted to use it as well. So I drizzled a little EVOO over the pita, added just a tad of shredded cheese, heated it until it was melted, and then diced up some orange bell peppers. Sorry no picture for this. But Dax really enjoyed it. But then again anything with a bread product is going to be a hit for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment