Thursday, October 6, 2011

Going Montessori!

So it's official.... as of last night Daniel and I decided that we'll be making the big switch for Dax's room. Come December (or hopefully sooner if we can find the time) we'll make some big changes to Dax's room to make it an official Montessori toddler room!  Daniel and I are both way, way way excited! As soon as I mentioned the idea to him he ran off into the room and started planning the changes (have I mentioned how much I love this man and how he "gets" my crazy early childhood brain??) It will be our own little mix of Montessori, Reggio, and Freno ;)  but I'm really excited to make the switch. Here are a few pics I've ran across on that we'll be using for inspiration!
sewliberated.typepad.com
http://www.theeducatedmommy.com/?p=429
http://jen-peacefulparenting.blogspot.com/2011/01/our-montessori-home.html

Here's a little info on the Montessori and Reggio views on early childhood if you're interested. I also have about a million more pages bookmarked if you really want more info so just let me know!

Montessori


Daily Montessori  ~  This is a great overview of the main objectives of Maria Montessori and has a pretty good short video on the Montessori classroom

Peaceful Parenting ~ This is a great blog done by a mom that has implemented the Montessori principles in her home with her little boy! There are awesome pictures of their home and great ideas for Montessori learning.


Sew Liberated ~  Another great blog on how Montessori principles were used in their home

Montessori Home ~ Great article on what Montessori is and how to implement it in an infant environment.



Reggio Emilia

BrainyChild ~  Great run down of the Reggio Emilia approach


Let the Children Play ~ This is a blog post that gives a quick glimpse of what a Reggio environment looks like.



Well you guys will def. be updated when the process actually begins and there are sure to be a ton of pictures so start preparing yourself!  If you have any more questions let me know! I love to talk about this stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Okay... please list the planning stages of this. How are you guys going to do this?? You were right - I'm very very interested!!!!

    ReplyDelete