Friday, October 7, 2011

Took the Plunge!

Well apparently Daniel was pretty excited about our big switch to a Montessori/Reggio/Freno room and while he was off today and I was at work he was quite the little worker bee and got things rolling for us!  We worked throughout the evening and have most of the room done! Yay!!!! 
We still all the decorating to do (child level) and I want to add some more Montessori directed "toys" but other than that it's pretty much done.
We got rid of the crib, rocker, and end table we had in the room. We kept the bookcase (though right now it's a little tall for Montessori) and kept the changing table (even though that would go in a complete Montessori room) because it's really convenient and the storage in it is irreplaceable. We also went and bought a new shelf that is more Dax's level and has space to keep the toys very organized and clean for Dax.
I decided I wanted Dax's room to be a calming place so we took out all noisy activities (they'll be in Dax's play space in the living room) and are keeping it limited to books, puzzles, and other quiet activities. We tried to make a comfy, inviting area to read books and tried to make his bed cozy and inviting as well with his favorite stuffed animals laying around, and his bedtime book setting on his soft, "new" nightstand that also doubles as storage. While he's sleeping we'll also fold his comforter over and lay it on the floor by his bed in case he rolls off.

Well here you go guys..... a few pics of our Montessori/Reggio/Freno room so far! Like I said.... I have a lot more I'd like to do to it so I'll keep you guys updated as we make more changes!
 Dax's bed!
 Reading books with daddy in his new reading area.


 New shelf. Here I put some of his favorite books so they are easy access for the reading area (he still has his bookshelf full in the room as well... these are just his favs), his discover bottles I made (the quiet ones), and the basket has a few random things made of different textures and materials for Dax to explore.
I think he likes it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment