Saturday, February 11, 2012

Extreme Makeover: Classroom Edition Part 2

Here is probably my favorite project for my new classroom.... and I will def. do this in any of my future children's rooms....

I found this jewel in my classroom while going through old books.
It had gorgeous pictures in it and is such a classic that I wanted to display some of the artwork in my room.   I also had a ton of these that I bought on sale at HobbyLobby with no plans in store for them..
And remember the burlap I used to cover my dry erase board??  Well I had about 50,000 yards left of that (I may be exaggerating... just slightly). So I cut burlap to fit over each circle, leaving maybe about an inch around the edges..
After closing them all up they ended up looking like this...
I already thought these looked pretty cute with just burlap alone.... but I went ahead and picked out some of my favorite images from the book and tore them out to fit on the circles. They.looked.perfect. Better than I expected that's for sure!   I used Alene's Tacky Glue  (which I'm 95% sure I've talked about on here before because I'm that in love with it)  to put the pictures on the burlap and it hasn't let me down yet.
Well drum roll please.... because here they are...
"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all" --Jacqueline Kennedy


Be looking out for Extreme Makeover: Classroom Edition Part 3 in the near future!!!

1 comment: