Tuesday, June 14, 2011

10 on 14?

So on the tenth I was back home visiting my family... and my parents are still in the dark ages so I had no computer to post my 10 on 10 pictures. So today we're have a special 10 on 14 :)  All of these pictures are from the 10th which was a special day for me and Dax spent at my parents house and running around with "Maw Maw". Ready, set, go...
 
The flash is weird in this one... but if you look closely you can see big tears right below each eye. Quite the story with those tears. I gave Dax half a piece of toast and then wanted to try to get him to eat some pureed fruit. He had a few bites of the fruit and started turning his head away. Thinking he was full I got up and started walking away with the other half of toast and fruit... and you would have thought the world was coming to an end. Needless to say he was not done... he simply did not want the fruit... he wanted the rest of his toast.

Highlight of my day for sure. We spent about 15 minutes this morning rolling around and "wrestling" on the ground. There were lots and lots of laughs and kisses from both of us.
This is an old family toy that I think started with my brother. It is Dax's absolute favorite toy. He sits and opens and closes the doors forever. I also love this picture because it captures his crossed feet. From the day he was born he has always crossed his feet like this.... he even does it in his sleep and car seat. It's one of my many favorite things about him.
Good morning! With the change of schedule he has started taking better naps... like an hour longer. And because of this he is waking up in such a better mood from those naps! I usually walk into the room and see him playing with his blanket or doing this :)
One of Dax's favorite activities is to pull everything off the coffee/end table. He got distracted though by Papas Field and Stream magazine and decide to pause from the destruction and take a peak.
Dax is into cars now... which just happens to be one of Papas favorite activities too. I.love.this.picture.  It's his first time really "playing" with Papa and I'm glad I caught it on camera.
The one thing I miss the most when we're not at home is our changing table. Changing this little wiggle worm on the floor is quite the event... and he usually wins. This pic is him after he got away before I could pull his pants up... so I let him play like that for a bit :)
New phone!! WOOHOO!! I probably haven't had a new phone in over 2 years so this is a big deal for me. Not anything fancy but I don't require much. It does have a touch screen and a fancy key pad that makes texting easy. haha! So far I really like it.
Jessica's baby shower was Saturday so me, mom, and Dax spent quite awhile at Babies R Us shopping for Jess and little Mr. Kason.  This is what me and Dax got for him :)  I was pretty pumped about all the gifts.
Dax is fascinated with mouths and tongues right now. So needless to say when MawMaw blew bubbles at him it blew his mind! He thought it was simply the coolest thing in the world and he would intently move his tongue around as well. He eventually got brave and would try to pop it so we had to put and end to the bubble blowing.


Well there's my ten on ten... just a few days late! haha!  Look for a post soon on all the new things Dax has started in the last WEEK! It's crazy how much he learns each and every week! Until then... have a happy day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment